Sunday 22 May 2022

The Sweaty Life!

 HYPERHIDROSIS

Hyperhidrosis (hi-pur-hi-DROE-sis) is abnormally excessive sweating that's not necessarily related to heat or exercise. You may sweat so much that it soaks through your clothes or drips off your hands. Besides disrupting normal daily activities, this type of heavy sweating can cause social anxiety and embarrassment.

The exact cause of primary hyperhidrosis is not known. Sharing my personal experience, I have spent half of my life with this condition which is a quite a burden for me to be honest. From past few years I use gloves and socks to prevent my suffering, This results in social embarrassment and anxiety. I can't imagine my life without these two wears. Not even able to live peacefully without these. Even while writing this blog, my palms are sweating enough!

New research shows that nearly 5% of the world's population suffers from excessive sweating or hyperhidrosis. That's right, 365 MILLION people are struggling with extreme sweating -- just like you! Being honest you can't live with it, it will not leave you at ease. You will always have to clean your hands and palms with a handkerchief. The writer of this blog is a real example, already mentioned in my blog description.

Used to face that social anxiety when I used to go out and play with my childhood friends as I used to sweat too much. I remember I was'nt able to write my exams properly as I used to sweat too much, as a result it affected my studies and my personal life as well. That's why I usually don't shake hands. I began sweating at the age of 10 I guess and got to know about it at age 17 that it is called 'hyperhidrosis'. Things get difficult mostly in summer season for me. Whatever I touch it gets wet, wherever I go the floor gets wet. Hyperhydrosis also affects some other body parts, for example, it can affect neck, armpits, back, chest, legs or even face for some people. Still this condition is not known to everyone that's why it is rare. 

Founded in 2003 by an elite team of world-respected physicians and experts in hyperhidrosis research, the International Hyperhidrosis Society is the only independent, non-profit, global organization that strives to improve the quality of life among those affected by excessive sweating and thus to raise awareness regarding it. The reason I am informing about this organisation is that this condition is rare and the awareness about it is extremely rare as the world is not aware about hyperhidrosis.

However, there's a solution, not permanent but still worth it. It's called Iontophoresis which is a treatment for hyperhidrosis — or excessive sweating. It involves sending a gentle electrical current through water to shut down your sweat glands temporarily. If it works for you, you'll have to keep doing the treatments to maintain the results. And yes, am practicing it. To maintain results I have to perform it on alternate days but after results, I just have to decrease the usage to once a week and also I need another person to handle the current. It's quite irritable but I have no choice except to continue it to have a dry life. 

So Yeah, that's all from my perspective on this condition and to be honest it's quite difficult to balance your social life with this rare condition. At last I would only say that it's difficult but you do not have an option. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Had A Long Ride!

  Hello My Blogging Family! Back with another one and it's quite an awesome blog which talks about my long cycle ride. Yes that's r...